This article explores a unique marketing strategy
Appropriate Subject Area(s):
Entrepreneurship, business management, marketing
Key Questions to Explore:
- What is the value of signing up customers as subscribers?
Introduction to lesson and task:
This lesson differentiates between a traditional customer and a subscriber.
Action (lesson plan and task):
- Discuss with the class what their definition is of a subscriber. Of a customer?
- Using the chart in Appendix A, ask students to work in pairs to brainstorm the attributes of each.
- Distribute the article for reading.
- Using the various subscription models outlined, have students brainstorm a business that could benefit from each model.
Consolidation of Learning:
- Have students use the attributes of a subscriber outlined in Appendix A to develop a want ad for subscribers for two of the businesses identified in #4 above.
- Students are able to see the value of a customer as subscriber..
- Ask students to revisit number 4 above and see which models might apply to multiple businesses on their list. This will assist in applying generalizations to specific learnings.